Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Virtual Assistant training teaches you how to create proposals, set your rates, and get customers with thorough learning material often followed by certification. In this post I’m comparing three of the most popular programs so you can get started with a rewarding VA career sooner.
These 3 online courses are 100% legitimate so you can easily learn how to make a living as a VA.
But what Virtual Assistant course is best ?
In this post I’m going to help you figure that out.
I’ll walk you through the best training courses out there right now, going over the highlights – and lowlights – of the top 3 so you can see which one is the best for you.
Is Virtual Assistant Training Worth It ?
Yes, Virtual Assistant training is absolutely worth it if you want to save time and start a successful VA career sooner. The training courses I’ll go over have been created by professionals who have already gone through all the mistakes, making it easier for you !
And because I know the cost of training may be a little scary, I wanted to be sure to select the best courses to suit different price ranges.
The Different Types of VA Training
The best training to become a Virtual Assistant really breaks into three categories and each course falls into one of them.
Here are the different types of training to become a Virtual Assistant:
If you’re looking for more than basic training to become a Virtual Assistant, and you’re already familiar with administrative tools and tasks, a well-rounded course is a great place to start and comes at a reasonable price.
The concept is this: you’ll learn everything you need to know to get yourself up and running as a Virtual Assistant, including how to get clients and how to set your prices.
There are plenty of quizzes and tests to ensure you know what you’re doing and contract templates you can use ‘in the real world’
There is a downside, though. To specialize in specific niches, for instance social media or YouTube assistant, you will need to learn Virtual Assistant skills in those areas.
If you’re looking for everything related to Virtual Assistant work, an all-inclusive program is what you need.
In addition to learning how to start a VA business – from start to finish – you’ll learn the in-demand skills that business owners look for.
This type of training tends to be more expensive up front, but you don’t have to purchase additional material to learn more skills.
Training for complete beginners
For anyone who knows nothing about being a Virtual Assistant – but knows how to use some administrative tools (email, maybe some social media) – a beginner-level training course is a good start.
You’ll learn the basics to getting started, like what you need, how to get it, how to price your services, how to create contracts, and how to figure out your niche.
What Are The Best Virtual Assistant Training Courses ?
These are the 3 best online Virtual Assistant courses that will teach you how to become a successful VA on your time, tapping into the in-depth knowledge of pros.
Let’s go over each training course in detail
#1 $10K VA
Best Well-Rounded Virtual Assistant Training Course
$10K VA is a well-rounded Virtual Assistant course that goes into the exact process used to earn up to $10,000 a month. It’s a leading training program where you can copy the methods outlined and possibly be as successful as the creator, Kayla Sloan, a VA having been in “the business” for several years.
What’s cool about $10K VA
- You’ll learn the EXACT process to earn a high income.
- You’ll learn where to get paying clients.
- You’ll learn how to create systems to work faster.
- The private Facebook group often has leads for VA jobs.
- The course creator gives you direct access to her overflow of clients.
- Often, there’s a discount code for $200.00 off. Try BIZBESTIE in the coupon code box.
- No return policy. But shoot, if you stick with the course you’ll have the ability to make a lot of money because the course creator does and she’s showing you how she does it.
Overall Impression of $10K VA
The price for the this VA training program isn’t too bad, considering how much it covers, at a one-time payment of $497.00. And, if you’re not sure if being a Virtual Assistant is for you, just answer these questions:
Training Material and Quality of Lessons:
Laid out well, this course shows the exact process the creator followed to become a Virtual Assistant and scale her business to over $10,000.00 a month.
The training course contains 7 modules, each one broken down further into multiple lessons:
1. What you need to know to start a VA business
2. How to find and pitch jobs
3. Pricing your services and getting paid
4. How to build client relationships
5. Running the day-to-day operation
6. Making your VA business legit
7. How to”‘level-up” your business so you learn more
PLUS you’ll have access to the “$10K VA Mastermind” Facebook group and video interviews with successful VAs so you can learn from their mistakes.
You’ll also have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like — across any and all devices you own. As future content is added to $10K VA, you’ll have access to all the new updates without having to pay another dime.
And there are some pretty cool bonuses included, too. Like interviews with successful VAs and these:
$10K VA is pretty thorough, covering everything you need to know to get up an running. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised that it covered how to find VA jobs..like, where to look for jobs, how to make a great pitch, and how to get more clients.
According to $10K VA, you will:
…”Find out EXACTLY how to land your first (and second, and third…) client…”
It also goes into pricing your services, client on-boarding and how to do all the day-to-day VA “stuff”. All valuable pieces of information – explained in an easy-to-follow way.
But what I appreciate most about $10K VA is how it goes over things I never really thought of.
– how to create systems for faster work,
– how to create schedules to get a lot done in a little amount of time,
– and how to pay yourself.
What I Don’t Like About $10K VA
There is NO return policy. But don’t worry. Although the creator of the course cannot guarantee you’ll make a lot of money, she can guarantee that it’s possible to earn this much as a VA because she claims she’s done it.
Best All-Inclusive Virtual Assistant Training Course
Fully Booked VA is an all-inclusive Virtual Assistant course that gives you EVERYTHING you need to learn to be a VA. This training program guides you through the entire process, taking you from knowing nothing about being a Virtual Assistant to being a success from the ground up.
So, what does “everything is included in this course” mean ?
It means that not only will you learn how to start, run, and manage a Virtual Assistant business, you’ll also learn specific in-demand skills that companies pay highly for.
This course gives you everything all in one place – for ONE membership price. You don’t have to take the VA training course and additional skill-specific courses. Everything is included and you can pick what advanced-level skills you want to learn.
Getting started is easy.
First, read through the next few paragraphs to get the details.
Signing-up for this all-inclusive training class is easy and you have a couple options:
Option1: If you’re ready to get started, go straight to Fully Booked VA and sign-up
Option 2: If you’re on the fence, take the hour long primer course (costs $19.00 ).
What’s cool about Fully Booked VA
- There are a LOT of lessons that breakdown the entire process.
- A lot of templates included to make getting clients easier.
- You’ll learn where and how to get clients.
- You’ll get access to the VA job leads community.
- You have several niche-specific training options.
- You’ll receive certificate of completion.
- You’ll get help with marketing your business.
- You’ll unlock advanced skills training.
- There’s a 7-day ‘no questions asked’ money back guarantee.
- The training program has 2 plans, with lifetime access to the VA course in each plan.
- Depending on the plan you choose, you may only have 3 months access to job leads, special skills, and the online community.
- Can be expensive if you do the 12 month option…$1194.00 a year.
Overall Impression of Fully Booked VA
The Fully Booked VA System offers either a 3 month or a 12 month plan, each one offering on-going, evergreen enrollment with pricing specials throughout the year. As a member, you get unlimited access to the system as long as you stay subscribed.
As of today, the price per plan is:
- $497 (or 3 payments of $199.00) for the 3 month plan, which has lifetime access to the VA course and 3 months access to specialized training, leads, and assistance. You can continue beyond the first 3 months for additional $199.00 a month.
- $1,194.00 / year for the 12 month plan, which covers lifetime access to the VA course and 12 months access to specialized training, leads, and assistance.
Although it may seem expensive, a lot of people claim they make their money back within a few weeks, thanks to the job leads community.
Tip: Consider going with the 3 month plan, then – after you’ve passed the final exam, received certification, got access to some job leads, and took a peek at some of the niche skills training, either cancel or continue on for the 12 month plan. If you don’t want to continue, you can find inexpensive niche training in my Learn VA Skills post here.
Training Material and Quality of Lessons:
Fully Booked VA consists of two phases, each with specific lessons to help you get the best knowledge to start a Virtual Assistant business – the training goes into great detail to try to make that happen.
Here’s a breakdown of the phases:
Phase 1, VA Foundations:
The first phase replaces the original VA training program (30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success) and consists of over 90 lessons contained in 9 modules, each one providing a breakdown of the topics. This phase also includes additional perks that I’ll go into in a minute.
- Where and how to get clients including the right job boards and active social groups where people request VA services.
- How to make money as a VA, including how to set your prices and offer services.
- Uncovering your ideal niche (with examples).
- Discovering your target market, choosing you specialty, and writing your VA resume.
- Putting yourself “out there” and create an online presence.
- Cold pitching know-how including templates and best practice tips.
- How to work with clients….the good, the bad, and the ugly.
And, after each lesson, there’s a set of checklists and quizzes, making it easy to follow and understand what you are taught.
There are plenty of templates that’ll eliminate a lot of the guesswork. Templates you can use to write contracts, pitch your services, and onboard new clients..
The course platform is well organized, displaying all the modules and lessons at-a-glance so you can keep track of your progress and go back into previous lessons. In fact, when you open a module and start a lesson, the left side of you computer screen will have all the modules listed out for you.
These are the added perks:
You’ll get access to the general VA community, including access to the course creator and team members. Plus, you’ll get week-by-week walk-throughs of each of the 12 modules in the Foundations course.
If you pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%, you’ll receive Virtual Assistant certification.
Additionally, you unlock these perks:
- Weekly live group coaching sessions (via Zoom)
- Weekly live training sessions
- You’ll unlock proprietary VA job leads.
- You’ll receive help with marketing by getting assistance matching your skills to the best job roundups.
- You’ll also unlock niche skills training, which you can pick-and-choose which skills you want to learn…no requirements.
The skills you can select are:
- How to become a Social Media Virtual Assistant
- Real Estate Virtual Assisting
- Email Management Virtual Assistant
- How to be a Project Manager VA
- How to run a Virtual Assistant agency
Once you’ve completed Phase 1, you can move on to Phase 2 (at no additional cost).
Phase 2, Specialization Tracks, (becomes available April 1, 2021)
Specialized Tracks is different than the skills platforms you’ll learn in Phase 1; the basic concept is to give you advanced-level training and to communicate with like-minded peers to help you when you’re ‘stuck’.
You’ll also learn how to charge higher rates.
This phase gives advanced-level training in these 5 categories:
- Customer Service and Admin.
- Social Media and Community Management
- Content Marketing
- Tech & Automation
- Marketing Strategy
Each Specialized Track has its own mentor and communities, giving you plenty of opportunities to get assistance geared towards your specialty.
And the really cool thing: all of these specialties are in high-demand, making it easier to find good paying work.
What I Don’t Like About Fully Booked VA:
The training course is very thorough and it will take you some time to get through it all. At least a month, maybe two. But, if you go through all the steps as suggested – and do the homework – you should have the confidence to get your first client before or right after you complete the training. And start making serious money.
This course can be expensive…if you go with the 12 month plan at $1194.00 a year. Fortunately, though, with the 12 month plan you don’t have to pay extra for additional training in niche areas nor do you have to pay for the job leads community.
With the 3 month plan, if you want to retain access to the leads, special training and community beyond your initial 3 months, you’ll have to pay $199.00 per month going forward…but you can cancel at any time.
Best VA Training For Total Beginners
This online VA training course is geared towards total beginners and was created by a virtual assistant who has been instructing successful VA’s since 2011. Updated earlier this year, it includes more tips to get you going.
What’s cool about Work From Home As A Virtual Assistant
- The course is short – 3 hours of video and 1 hour of audio.
- It was created with total beginners in mind.
- Costs under $50.00 and frequently goes on sale for less than $20.00
- You’ll receive certificate of completion.
- Because it’s for beginners it’s too basic for people who already have some VA experience.
- Doesn’t go into much detail on getting clients.
Overall Impression of Work From Home As A VA
Priced at under $50.00, this course often goes on sale for under $20.00. In my opinion, that’s a pretty good price for a well-crafted course that delivers pretty much all you need to get started as a Virtual Assistant.
Training Material and Quality of Lessons:
Work From Home As A Virtual Assistant is relatively short self-paced course – just under 5 hours and consists of 59 lectures. Because it is short, I was able to use what I learned quicker. Despite its briefness, it goes into quite a bit of detail to help you get a clearer vision of what kind of virtual assistant you’ll be.
– What equipment you need in your home office
– How to structure your business
– Setting yourself up online
And then it has the money-related stuff, like:
– Setting your policies and creating contracts
– How to set your rates
– Negotiating prices with clients
There are a few sections that help you figure out your niche and prepare winning profiles that’ll get you paying jobs.
What I Don’t Like About Work From Home As A Virtual Assistant:
Even though this course covers a lot of topics, there are three things I’m not crazy about.
First, this course is for beginners…literally. The first few sections contain basic information about starting a virtual assistant business – which I already know. But, if you don’t know anything about starting a business, then this has you covered.
Second, I wish the instructor spent more time going over niche ideas and how to target clients in those niches.
And third, even though it covers how to set rates, a lecture on how to get clients would be a plus. Like…which Facebook groups have leads ? Which freelance platforms are best for getting paying clients ?
Other than that, this is a pretty good course for total beginners. Definitely worth the low price of under $50.00 (which often goes on sale for less than $20.00).
What To Look For When Picking A Course
There are 4 main things to look for when selecting a Virtual Assistant training program:
- Price – The training program has to be reasonably priced to reflect the learning material and what you can afford.
- Actionable training material – It’s important to have quizzes, tests, exams, and reviews to be sure you’re getting quality instruction.
- Quality of lessons – The overall quality must be interesting and interactive to keep you engaged so you get the most out of the program.
- And, most importantly, the course has to teach what is needed to start a thriving Virtual Assistant business.
What’s The Best Virtual Assistant Course For You ?
Choosing the right Virtual Assistant course when you’re just starting out can be a tough decision...but it doesn’t have to be.
Here’s A Review Of The Best Virtual Assistant Programs:
– $10K VA: Best well-rounded and thorough Virtual Assistant course at a reasonable price.
The lessons are thorough, and you learn where and how to get paying jobs / clients. The online classes go over everything you need to know to become a VA who makes good money and is perfect if you’re ready to get going as a virtual assistant and have a general idea of what kind of service you want to offer.
The training includes more than just guidance on how to become a VA because it includes training for specific skills and niches as well as client leads. This course comes in a close second only because it’s more expensive. This is the ideal Virtual Assistant training program if you’re serious about getting started and want a lot more than step-by-step guidance. It literally includes everything you need know to become a successful VA in just a few months.
– Work From Home As A Virtual Assistant: Best online VA training that covers the basics plus.
If you’re a beginner and want training that covers the basics, this is a good course. And it’s super cheap. It’s the best option for all of you who are leaning towards starting a career as a VA from the ground up.
All 3 of the Virtual Assistant training courses I reviewed here are great options but If you’re still on the fence, here’s my advice:
Go with Fully Booked VA for all-inclusive training. You’ll be glad you did !
So, with these 2 programs you can go through the VA training but then you have to take separate in-demand courses to hone your skills if you want to become an expert in a certain VA service.
Here’s an example of some additional courses you can consider taking:
Any one of these VA training courses will get you from ground zero to being a successful Virtual Assistant. And no matter which one you pick, do yourself a favor and complete the entire course.