If someone was to ask me if I wanted a work at home Customer Service job, I’d say “hell no!”. Being on the phone all day? Nah…not me.
But if someone told me they had a work from home CHAT job – giving customer service to their customers through online chat – I’d be all over it. After all, live chat is the leading method of customer service these days.
And I know many of you would be all over this kind of job, too.
But here’s the problem: These jobs are hard to find. And when they do rear their beautiful little heads, they get snagged quickly.
Until now. I have scrounged up four chat jobs you can do from home with companies that seem to really value their employees. Let’s get to them.
Looking For Work From Home Chat Jobs? Here You Go!
This is a company that focuses on helping startups get their legal paperwork in order. As an employee, you’ll get all of your medical, dental and vision insurance premiums paid for and they’re always looking for ways for you to expand your knowledge. They encourage a remote work force but also understand the benefits of a co-location (where you share a location or facility with other Clerky employees). And if you do co-locate, Clerky provides healthy snacks and nutritious meal delivery.
On to the job now.
Today, Clerky is looking for an email Customer Operations Associate to “be the face of the company to thousands of startup founders, investors, and attorneys “. They want someone who genuinely loves helping others and has a knack for crafting excellent email responses.
Here Are The Details:
Some of the responsibilities of this remote job are (from the job description):
- Writing thoughtful, responsive replies to customer emails
- Writing and maintaining help center articles; identifying ideas for new articles based on customer inquiries
- Spotting trends in customer issues that other team members should be alerted to
- Coordinating with registered agent services to submit government filings
- Auditing third-party service provider invoices and resolving discrepancies
- Targeted outreach to customers for various product initiatives
- Being an pro on our very complex software
- Working with our engineering team to debug software issues our customers encounter
- Assisting product development by testing new features and bug fixes, and conveying customer feedback
And this is what they expect you to have:
- Genuine love for helping people and high emotional intelligence
- Exceptional written English communication skills, including the ability to write precisely and succinctly
- Dedication to a career in customer operations\
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Technologically savvy – you should be confident in your ability to use new software without training
- Drive to do it better than it’s ever been done before
- 2 years work experience in email-based customer operations or customer support roles
This job is 100% remote for anyone in the USA and you can flex your hours – as long as they overlap the typical 9-5 business hours. You can apply for this job here.
Specializing in custom printed packaging, Packlane often hires work from homers to do a variety of jobs, from Marketing to Design. Not only do they have the remote work attitude, they give you up to $250.00 a month for health care reimbursement and a few weeks of paid time off each year.
The pay for this work from home chat job is $13.00 – $15.00 an hour, which is pretty-much on par for this kind of job. And did I mention it is a remote email/chat Customer Service job?
Today they have an opening for a remote Customer Support Representative who thrives on showing off their skills through email responses and live chat.
Does This Interest You ?
Some of the job duties are (from the job description):
- Be a steadfast Know-It-All when it comes to order status, product info, technical issues, pricing and more. And if you don’t know it all, you’ll know how to track it down. Fast.
- Keep our customers’ accounts up to date, managing refunds or credits when necessary.
- Interact with customers via our internal tools as well as our social media accounts.
- Remember that part about solving (not deflecting) problems? Yeah, that.
And the required technical skills:Print and design.
- Print and design. You’re familiar with printing processes and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira
- Google Docs
- Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency 😉
- Basic spreadsheets
- Touch typing 65wpm or faster, with very few typos. Excellent grammar and consistent use of spell check.
- Comfortable with fast use and rapid tailoring of Saved Replies and macros
- Self-directed fast learner. We try new systems frequently.
You can apply for this job here.
This place has been around for a few years, filling the niche needed by online store owners by solving their technical challenges. ReCharge believes the best people and work force are everywhere, not just near their Santa Monica, California headquarters.
Some of the benefits include two annual retreats, unlimited paid time off, and a “$75 monthly stipend to use on subscription products “. I’m not really sure what that means…
They have several Developer and Marketing openings, but the ones we’re focusing on today are the remote Technical Customer Support jobs. Right now, they need someone to fill the positions for the weekend shift, 2nd shift (in the Pacific time zone), and regular shift of the Pacific time zone.
These Support jobs are for someone who is resourceful; using troubleshooting and analytical skills to serve our customers via email, chat, and occasional phone calls. So, if you have a passion for problem solving and can work with a sense of urgency, this might be the job for you.
Hungry For More Info ? Here You Go
Some of the responsibilities are (according to their website):
- Combining technical proise with customer service to resolve questions and issues
- Communicate clearly in writing to both technical and non-technical people
- Document and build new tools to improve support flows
- Identify patterns, recommend improvements, and filter out unimportant issues
- Author documentation for our customer-facing Help Center
- Assist with successful on-boarding of new customers
And here are the technical requirements:
- Covering EST, CST or PST hours (Saturday-Wednesday, depending on the actual job)
- 2+ Years experience in a similar role at another SaaS company
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented. To prove this make sure to add to job application the headline: “I am detail oriented”
- Excellent customer service skills with a polite, patient, caring, calm and professional demeanor
- Language requirements: English fluency (written and spoken)
- Background in the software industry
A WordPress hosting company, Pressable has been around since 2010 and is going strong. And because of this, they often have remote job openings. And the one we’re looking at today is a remote Customer Success Agent.
Here’s The Scoop
They don’t believe in the 9-5 culture – they want you to work on your time. They pay 99% of your medical premiums and match your 401(k) up to 6% of your salary. They have a generous time-off police and want you to work wherever you’re most comfprtable. How’s that for a nice selection of benefits?
As a remote Customer Success Agent, you will do this (from their job description):
- Interact with existing and potential customers, answering WordPress and platform related questions, and making recommendations based on their specific needs, over email tickets or live chats.
- Migrate WordPress sites from other hosting providers to Pressable’s servers.
- Identify malware on infected sites, assist in cleanup, and provide best practices to prevent recurrence.
- Write and update customer-facing documentation and blog posts to help our customers make the most out of our platform.
- Share your skills with the team by leading occasional training sessions and communicating through our internal tools.
And these are the requirements needed for this job:
- Experience using, building, hosting, and setting up sites with WordPress.
- Comfortable working with command line interfaces, WP-CLI, and SSH.
- Knowledge and experience with the domain name system (DNS), domain registration, and email setup.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Self-motivation to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to clearly communicate ideas through text is key to everything we do.
- Flexibility to work some weekends (with weekdays off) and a willingness to always lend a hand.
As you can see, this is a heavy WordPress related job. Interested? You can apply here.
Get Your New Job
Do any of these jobs interest you? Don’t wait too long because they will go fast. That’s the nature of email and chat jobs you can do from home.