If you’re in the market for a full-time Customer Service job that is not in a call-center setting, we found a great one for you at Scribd.
This San Francisco based reading and open publishing platform aims to change the way the world reads. They’ve created a library of millions of books, audiobooks and documents and they’re adding to it every day.
Today they’re looking for a Customer Job Creator to join their team.
It’s a chat/email job where you can work from home AND they will give you some great benefits, too.
What Will You Do In This Remote Customer Service Job?
This isn’t your typical Customer Service Job. In fact, it puts its emphasis in delivering happiness as you write back and forth with customers solving their problems.
A Typical Work Day Looks Like This:
- You might do a simple password reset
- Maybe you’ll test website functionality for a customer…
- …or clarify complex publishing advice
- You may even interact with the Engineering Team
But your main responsibility will be to tap into your problem solving skills while you take the initiative to track down challenges.
What You Need To Fit This Role:
Because you’ll be writing back and forth with customers you must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
And, because it’s a customer service role and it’s inevitable you’ll come across a “stressed-out” customer, you need a healthy dose of stress tolerance.
Here are a few more things you’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years prior experience in a customer support role
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Experience using modern web applications
- Advanced computer usage
- A strong independent work ethic
And Scribd will be happier if you have:
- Experience in an online or technical support role, using chat and emai
- Technical writing experience
- Basic programming skills
- Zendesk or Jira experience
Can you work weekends? This isn’t necessary, but will make them happy.
Unlike a lot of other customer service jobs, a college degree is NOT required but in its place you should have equivalent work experience.
Work From Home And Get Great Benefits
This is a full-time position after a 90 day temp-contract period AND you get to work from home. There are some fantastic benefits, including:
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision
- Company paid conferences, classes and events
- They will pay up to $50.00 of your internet bill
- You will be flown to San Francisco for company events and holiday parties.
To apply, bone-up your resume and fill in this application form. Don’t forget to share a story of great customer service.
And while you’re at it, feel free to check out some of their other jobs. If customer service isn’t your thing, they sometimes have online marketing jobs as well as engineering and operations positions.